Connect with Us!
Author Archives: lobsterlife
Many brag about their Lobster Bisque recipes and argue about whether or not their recipe tastes better than their rival Aunt Patty’s that she seems to be equipped with every time she travels to a friend’s house, ready to whip it out and receive praise for its deliciousness.
What is the reason for this? Because Lobster Bisque can be a fairly simple dish to prepare and has the three check points anyone looks for in today’s incredibly busy day and age: quick to prepare, quick to cook and it will leave your guests wanting seconds.
After reading over a few different recipes, this recipe from www.Food.com is our favorite:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1⁄2 lb lobster meat, cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon lobster base (better than boulion)
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a sauté pan heat a little oil over med-high heat and sauté shallots, onions, and garlic for one minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add the Worcestershire, tabasco, and thyme and sauté for another minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry.
- Add the paprika, hot water and lobster base and combine well.
- Stir in tomato paste and add the bay leaves.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in heavy cream and the butter and bring to a boil.
- Add the lobster and simmer until cooked through.
- Serve with crusty garlic bread.
Now that you have added this dish to your arsenal, stay tuned for all of the best recipes from around the way.
After weeks of careful planning and preparation, we would like to present to you our new LLS website! We’ve updated just about every nook and cranny of the site with the help of our IT team. We are very excited to open our new site up to the public with our new display features. If you are reading this, you must have found our new “Blog” tab that will be updated with company news and tasty recipes. We also had our contact link fixed, making contacting us here as LLS easier than it has ever been. With that being said, we are glad you have shown interest in both our company and new website! Go take a look around!