Connect with Us!
Tag Archives: Recipe Lent Salmon Red Pepper Pesto Fish Dish Food
Hello all! In our latest installment of seafood recipes on this blog, we have Salmon with Red Pepper Pesto. A great dish to dazzle your guests this Friday night that takes less than twenty minutes to cook that will leave them begging for your secret due to its simplicity and deliciousness. After clicking through about a dozen different recipes, this recipe found on http://www.myrecipes.com struck us as the perfect choice not only because it is easy to make but is also due in part to its sustainable option listed for all of you environmentalists reading this entry. This recipe should serve four.
Salmon with Red Pepper Pesto
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
• 4 (6-ounce) fresh or frozen sustainable salmon fillets (such as wild Alaskan)
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• Cooking spray
• 1/3 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 7 whole blanched almonds
• 1 garlic clove
1. Heat grill pan over medium-high heat
2. Sprinkle fish evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt
3. Coat pan with cooking spray
4. Arrange fish in pan; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until done
5. While the fish cooks, combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, bell peppers, and remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
6. Serve pesto over fish
Note: If you don’t like the bite of raw garlic, drop the clove in boiling water for 1 minute to blanch, then proceed with the pesto.
That just about wraps up our seafood recipe entries this week. We hope these recipes suffice your needs whether they may be having a solid meat replacement dish during Lent or you just want a quick and easy seafood recipe to switch things up in your household.